Become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures
The main difference between a Divemaster and an Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) is that an OWSI can teach students who have never learned the skills before, whereas a Divemaster can only review previously-learned skills.
The IDC develops a candidates ability to spot and correct problems, reinforce the correct technique and maintain a positive attitude throughout. We do this in the classroom, the pool and the open water – each of the teaching segments.
Our award winning Course Director Mark Soworka delivers an IDC program that goes beyond the minimum PADI Standards to ensure your success in the dive industry.
Mark also includes CV workshops and placement on several job forums for the dive industry. His programmes include a commitment to helping you finding a rewarding career. Not only is he teaching you to get through a PADI Instructor exam, but he is also helping you get work in the dive industry.
Our Master Instructor Ann Christmas assists on our IDC’s, delivering some of the presentations, conducting workshops and providing counselling and support for all our IDC candidates.
For those who are short on time, we offer the option to pre-study some of the IDC at home before you get here, with IDC Online which replaces the first 2 days of the IDC course.
To enrol on the IDC, you’ll need to be:
- Certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organisation.
- At least 18 years old.
- In good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
- A certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Able to show that you have completed and logged at least 100 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation.
- Certified on a CPR and First Aid course in the last 24 months.
Required Course Materials for the IDC are the IDC Crewpack and EFR Instructor Manual, both of which can be purchased through the dive centre.
We are planning 5 IDC’s during the 2018/2019 season.
21st October 2018 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 3-4 November 2018
25th November 2018 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 8-9 December 2018
12th January 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 26-27 January 2019
13th February 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 27-28 February 2019
21st March 2019 – IE takes place in Khao Lak on 4-5 April 2019
Instructor course Packages
- Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor
- EFR Instructor Course (incl EFR Care For Children Instructor)
- FREE PADI Oxygen Provider Instructor Specialty
- FREE Marine Resource Management seminar
- Scubapro Sales and Equipment seminar
- 4 weeks paid work experience on our Similan Liveaboards and local dives (if wanted)
- Visa Assistance – We can advise you how to arrange the right visa for your course in Thailand
- Free wireless broadband Internet access in our dive centre
- Lunch provided throughout the IDC
- Assistance with local accommodation (prices start from 4500 thb per month)
- Discount on buying dive equipment.
- Free equipment rental during the course and IE if needed (own equipment required for work experience)
Cost Per Student for IDC and EFRI Course: 44,900 thb
O2 Provider Specialty Instructor: 4,500 thb
PADI IDC Crew Pack: 25,500 thb
EFR Instructor Manual: 4,500 thb
Package Price for all of the above: 67,700 thb
PADI IE fee: AU$ 930
PADI Instructor Application Fees AU$ 267
PADI EFRI Instructor Application Fees: AU$ 184
PADI Specialty Instructor Application Fee: AU$ 106