Become a PADI Divemaster at Khao Lak Scuba Adventures
Here at Khao Lak Scuba Adventures, we are one of Thailand’s leading PADI 5 Star IDC Centres. We offer a 4 week PADI Divemaster training program to introduce you to the professional diving world and open up the opportunities of a lifetime.
Khao Lak is a seaside resort town on the West coast of Thailand. It’s the closest point to the Similan National Park (one of the top ten divesites of the world). Khao Lak isn’t a party town. Sure it’s got bars and restaurants, but what it’s best at, is being a hub for divers and diving. It’s a great place to learn. If you are serious about becoming a diving professional, you’ll fit right in.
What is the Divemaster Course?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through theory sessions, water-skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
As a PADI Professional Divemaster you will be able to:
- Work at local dive centres and on live-aboard dive boats world-wide.
- Lead certified divers on guided tours
- Assist Instructors with students
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct PADI ReActivate programs and refresher courses
- Live the dream!
To start the Divemaster Course you need to:
- be 18 years old
- have at least 40 dives
- have a medical signed by a doctor showing fitness to dive in last 12 months
- be Advanced Open Water certified (or the equivalent with another agency)
- be Rescue Diver certified (or the equivalent with another agency)
- have an EFR (or equivalent CPR & First Aid) cert within the previous 24 months
We are running 6 Divemaster Courses this season (2018-2019) with the following start dates:
|1 Oct 2018|
|6 Nov 2018|
|15 Dec 2018|
|23 Jan 2019|
|6 March 2019|
|10 April 2019|
Divemaster Course Options
- 3 trips on one of our Similan liveaboards, worth over 60000 THB!
- Free rental scuba equipment during the Divemaster Course if needed.
- PADI Dive Against Debris specialty
- Discounts on other PADI specialty courses
- Visa Assistance – We can advise you how to arrange the right visa for your course in Thailand
- Free wireless broadband Internet access in our dive centre
- Assistance with local accommodation (prices start from 4500 thb per month)
- Discount on buying dive equipment.
- Discount on the Khao Lak Scuba Adventures PADI Instructor Development Course
- One month work at KSA (unpaid)
Certification will be issued on successful completion of the Divemaster Course and successful completion of the Internship work period.
Cost Per Student for Divemaster Course: 30000 THB + 4 weeks work
PADI Divemaster Crew Pack: 9875 thb
Dive Against Debris Cert fee: 2500 thb
Package Price for all of the above: 39900 thb
Not Included: PADI Fees: Divemaster Application – AU$196 (payable to PADI by credit card at the end of the course)